Click the link below and....Get Sparked!

Monday, July 7, 2008

Testing Laser Angles

I measured one of my lasers and the angle is pretty tight. It measures approx 75-80 degrees (didn't have a protractor! will get one though ;D )

I placed a couple of A4 sheets of paper down on my surface to illustrate the IR laser spread.





I suppose for US$4.30 thats the limitation! I bought 4 of the laser modules, and placement is going to have to be spot on, but it should be OK i think.

The line lens can be replaced with an acrylic rod to maximize angle, but that will be done later if the placement becomes an issue.

Please be careful when playing with High Power IR lasers! especially when you're testing them. I don't want people doing damage to their eyes by staring at the beam of invisible light.

No comments: